Lux Thinking Aloud

What I Do, What I Love

8:13 AM

Choose a job you love, and you will never 
have to work a day in your life. 
-Confucius



I'll be a hypocrite if I say I love my job 100%. 

I don't. But, it pays the bills and puts food on the table. It also provides great opportunities for growth so I stick with it. 

There are days when it drives me craaaazy and there are days when I feel like I'm not working at all, so there's a balance somewhere. I help keep the business going for this Forbes Fortune 500 company.  I get to meet equally crazy people. I get to enjoy the privileges that come with working with this firm. Not well-compensated sad to say, but I'd say I'm still blessed to have a decent job.

It's not something that I love doing, but it's what I do. So, I've learned to love it anyway.


What I Do, What I Love


I love to write.  

I'm not a good writer technically speaking. I always break the grammar rules. But when I write, I write with all my heart. So yes, I get carried away sometimes and it's ugly but a lot of people learn from that ugliness. So, I've been told.

It's a win-win situation. I get to do what I love. People get to learn from them. Sometimes people pay for me to write, sometimes I write for free.

It doesn't matter.

Writing gives me a sense of purpose and fulfillment. So as long as I can, I will keep on writing. (Sorry haters. I'd be keeping you busy for a long time).

I have ventured into micro-businesses. Just recently, selling the product I know, trust and absolutely love is one of them. Human Heart Nature is making waves locally and now abroad not only for their all organic, natural, safe and affordable products but also because of their endeavor. I love it because it's pro-poor, pro-environment and pro-Philippines. I don't just use organic products, I also help my country become progressive (watch their story here). 

What could be better than that?

Earning while doing what you love; at the same time, saving the environment and making a difference to other people's lives, while pursuing my love for writing.

That's what I love, so that's what I do.

Google images




Hey, did you find this post helpful or entertaining? Please go ahead and share.
Share buttons on the left and at the bottom of the article. Big thanks!

Subscribe to About Life And Love by Email

Wait! I've got more stories for you...

0 comments

Trouble posting your comment in the box below? Please comment here instead.