5.10.13

Day 1: 17 Reasons Why I Am Still Single

The Single Woman’s 30-Day Blogging Challenge
Day 1:  Your response to everyone’s favorite question: “And why are YOU still single?”

I've always been following Mandy Hale's blog and Twitter---even when I was still in a relationship then. I've always loved blogging, too. So when she called for a 30-day blogging challenge, I was ecstatic!

Here's for the 1st day challenge:

There are many reasons why I am still single while everyone my age are getting married, having a baby or are seriously dating. I am still single because I choose to be single. Now, don't get me wrong.  It's not like I made a pact with myself that I will never marry or date ever again. Falling in love, being chased, going out on a date are things I'm sure every woman love to experience. They're affirming, flattering and somehow makes you feel, well---feminine.

Yet, I choose to be single because:

(1) I now know my worth. After all I went through---broken relationships, shattered dreams, broken trust, heartbreak after heartbreak, I've finally realized and accepted that I am special and that I deserve so much better than I thought I did. To quote one of my favorite movies (The Perks Of Being A Wallflower), "We accept the love we think we deserve". I used to accept anyone who offers me love and sweet promises. I used to believe I deserve to be treated the way I was treated before; taken for granted, second priority, lied to, used, not valued. Now I know that I was wrong. I am still single because I believe I deserve more.

(2) I am still single because I love being with myself! I enjoy my company so much I don't need a man to entertain me, make me happy or keep me company. I can eat out alone, watch a movie alone (or with my fabulous friends) and I revel in my Me Time. I am still single because I love spending time with myself that being alone doesn't bother me.

(3) I am still single because I've rediscovered myself after losing me to someone, and I love what I've found. A stronger and better version, an amazing treasure, apple of God's eye; fearfully and wonderfully made.

(4) I am still single because I refuse to be influenced and dictated by the society. Everyone around me; family members, friends, even acquaintances are all concerned about my relationship status. They're all out looking for someone to "hook me up" with. I don't want to believe that there's an unwritten law that once you hit your middle 20's or early 30's, you are supposed to settle down and start a family of your own. I am still single because I don't want to give in to peer pressure, because I don't want to follow a silly rule people made up and want to impose to everyone.

(5) I am still single because I am finally at peace with myself. Because for the longest time, I've been trying to figure out where my place is, I've been trying to reach other people's expectations and I've been searching, chasing, hustling for something I even don't know. Now, I am at peace knowing that I'm in the right track. I am exactly where my heart wants me to be.

(6) I am still single because I have been broken, and now that I'm putting back the pieces together, I've learned to embrace the present, the people I'm with, the experience and the lessons. I've embraced life more.

(7) I am still single because I know this won't last, I will sooner or later find my better half (in God's time) and now more than ever is the best time to spend it serving, catching up and being with the people who matter to me, travelling or trying out something new; which leads me to the next reason why I'm still single...

(8) I love the freedom that comes with not being attached. I can drop whatever I'm doing, pack my things and go out of town, head to the movies, or have a cup of tea (not a coffee lover) at a moment's notice. One text or call from a friend and I'm on my way to where the fun is. No one to ask permission to, no one to stop me, no dates to cancel, no compromises, no hassle.

(9) I am still single because somewhere somehow I got broken, devastated, destroyed and honestly, I still have some trust issues until now. I try so hard to shake the doubts off and give humanity another chance. I'm still a work in progress.

(10) I am still single because I am still filling up my love tank and I don't want to selfishly drain another person just to fill up mine.

(11) I am still single because I don't want to play with other people's feelings, because I have enough respect for other's time and because I don't want to waste my own time on something I know I'm not serious with anyway.

(12) I am still single because I don't want to chase after something or someone not real or not worth the chase.

(13) I am still single because I've kissed enough frogs in the past that I want to give my next kiss to my prince. If you've been with douchebags, there's something within you that finally snaps and makes you scream "Enough!" So, I swore that the next time I see someone, it'll be someone who's got the potential to be "the one" if not "the one destined for me".

(14) I am still single because I choose to wait patiently for the right time for the right person with the right love.

(15) I am still single because I am brave and bold enough to take the road less traveled.

(16) I am still single because I complete me.

(17) And as Mandy Hale puts it, I am still single because I am "too fabulous to settle".

 
lux's

12 comments:

  1. love this post and your reasons for being single!

    follow me at http://christinamarieharris.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christina! Your page is inspiring.

      Delete
  2. This post is amazing and I LOVE the way you write!!!!

    I'm doing the challenge too! Check it out!! http://imwinningipromise.blogspot.com/2013/10/thesw30-why-am-i-still-single.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, diana. i read your blog and it is inspiring.keep writing.

      Delete
  3. I love your post and you said everything I feel. There is no need for me to do the 30 day challenge even though I probably should. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad to hear someone understands and knows exactly how i feel. thank you, rose. i do hope to read your blog though. :)

      Delete
  4. Totally loved this post. Echoes my thoughts. Thank you for stopping by my page. Looking forward to reading more from you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome. thanks as well! :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for checking out my blog. I love what you shared. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post was nice to read. I couldn't have put it down better myself. Everything you've written, is everything I'm feeling or have felt. That's why I am okay with waiting. Okay with being single. It's better than being in a bad relationship or a relationship where you lose bits and pieces of yourself constantly. I just started blogging this, so if you'd like please check out http://www.bakeasweat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Tamsi. aaand, i love your blog site! baking is in my to-do list for this year. *fingers crossed*

      Delete

Share Your Thoughts With Me